Sausage and Butter Bean Bake. For 4 people.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time (Microwave) 4 minutes
Total cost £2.57
1 tin potatoes 15p
1 large tin sweetcorn 35p
1 tin chopped tomatoes with herbs 45p
2 tins Hot Dog sausages 90p
1 tin carrots 19p
1 tin beans e.g. butter beans 33p
1 onion or some dried onion 20p
- Chop the onion and fry lightly in a little cooking oil or margarine till soft but not coloured. Remove from pan and place in a large casserole dish or bowl (which will hold 2 litres liquid). If using dried onions put them straight into the dish.
- Drain the two tins of sausages and wash under cold water. Cut the sausages in half. Put sausages in the dish with the onions.
- Now open the tins of carrots and sweet corn. Drain and put all the carrots and the sweet corn into the casserole dish. Empty the tin of tomatoes into the dish and gently mix all together.
- Cover with lid of the dish or with a plate or cling film and microwave on High for 4 minutes. (If you have some cheese and a grill, top the food with a little grated cheese and grill till cheese bubbles)
- Put the potatoes in a bowl with about two dessert spoons of water. Cover bowl with cling film or a plate and microwave for 3 minutes. Serve with the casserole. ENJOY.
(If you have any leftover it can be put in a fridge and reheated the next day)