- 100g sugar (10p)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (6p)
- 5 slices of any bread (20p)
- Butter or spread (10p)
- 3 handfuls sultanas (13p)
- 500ml milk (54p)
- 2 eggs (24p)
Total Cost £1.37
- Put the oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Butter 5 slices of bread, cut in half.
- Layer the bread in the dish adding a handful of sultanas and the sugar mix as you go, covering each slice.
- Mix the milk and eggs together.
- Pour over the bread and leave to absorb for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, until the pudding is set and browned.
Can be made in microwave oven (but the pudding will not brown)
Make sure you only use a microwavable dish
Follow instructions 1 – 6 then:
Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM for 10 minutes or until egg mixture has just set.