Ingredients (Serves 3 to 4 people)
1 packet of batter mix. 22p
2 eggs 33p
200 ml cold water (approx. 1 mugful)
A little oil or spread
1 tin of sausages 45p
1 tin vegetables 19p
4 teaspoonfuls of gravy granules. 5p
Total cost = £1.24
Method – preheat your oven to 190 degrees C or gas mark 5
- Empty the batter mix into a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the eggs with the 200ml (1 mug) of water.
- Mix the eggs and batter mix together until smooth. Put this aside for a while.
- Drain the liquid from the tins of sausages and vegetables. Put these into a baking dish with a splash of oil or spoonful of spread. Put in oven for 5 minutes.
- Now pour the batter mix over the sausages and vegetables. Take care it will be very hot.
- Return to the oven for 20 mins until golden brown.
- Make up the gravy with the gravy granules and 280 ml (about 1 ½ mugs) of boiling water.
Serve Toad in the Hole with the gravy. ENJOY.