Ingredients (Serves 3- 4 people)
Pasta (About 400 grams) 95p
1 tin chopped tomatoes 45p
1 tin sweetcorn 45p
1 tin tuna 65p
1 vegetable stock cube 5p
Dried onion or 1 fresh onion 20p
Salt and pepper
(Grated cheese if you have some in the fridge)
Total Cost £2.75
Method (This recipe can be cooked using a microwave)
- Put the vegetable stock cube in 1 pint of boiling water and pour this over the pasta in a large bowl for the microwave. Top up with more boiling water to cover the pasta if needed.
- Cover the bowl with a plate or cling film and cook in microwave for 10 minutes
- Drain the water from the pasta and mix in the tomatoes, sweetcorn, dried onion and tuna. (Drain and chop up tuna before adding.)
- Mix well, cover and cook in microwave for 4 minutes until very hot.
- Add some salt and pepper and your meal is ready to eat.
- If you have some cheese, sprinkle the top with grated cheese and put under a hot grill. You could add a few chopped herbs.
(If using fresh onion, chop and cook in the microwave with a little water for 3-4 minutes before adding to the other ingredients)
If making for less than 3-4 people the leftovers can be saved in a fridge for another day.