Chilli Con Carne
Ingredients (Serves about 4 people)
2 mugs of rice. 40p
1 jar of Chilli Cooking Sauce 65p
1 tin of kidney beans 30p
1 tin of minced beef and onion. 98P
Total Cost = £2.33
Method (This recipe can be cooked in the microwave or on the stove)
1. To cook rice.
If using the microwave – Put 1 ½ mugs of rice in a large bowl. Add 3 mugs of boiling water. Cover with cling film or a plate and cook on high for about 15 minutes or until rice is soft.
If using a pan on the stove – Follow the instruction on the packet.
2. To cook Chilli Con Carne
If using the microwave –
- Put the mince in a large bowl.
- Drain the kidney beans and stir into mince.
- Stir in the jar of sauce.
- Cover with cling film or a plate and put in microwave for 4 minutes or until bubbling hot.
If using the stove-
- Put mince in the saucepan
- Drain the kidney beans and stir into mince,
- Stir in the jar of sauce,
- Heat and stir until bubbling hot
3. Serve Rice And Chilli Con Carne together. ENJOY